Thursday, July 28, 2011

Settling in

Well, I've been in the new place for a few days now. And I REALLY like it!

We moved in Monday afternoon and immediately started checking out the local thrift stores for some cheap furniture. We eventually made our way to the Salvation Army in Lawndale where we found some incredibly cheap brand new bed sets and living room furniture. It may not be the fanciest stuff and our apartment may be pretty empty, but it's starting to feel like home and I'm really enjoying it.



I wasn't joking when I said it's pretty empty!

Since moving in and getting things ready we've been keeping busy on the job front (more to come on that next time) and spending our free time exploring. We're within walking distance of about everything you could imagine, including the beach. Within a block of our place there's a used book store, grocery store, several thrift shops, a taco bell, an unbelievably cheap and delicious pizza place (reminds me of Canyon in State College), cafes, and lots of other places I can't think of off the top of my head.

The only time we've really left the area was to go deep into the South Bay hills last night to the movies. We had some free tickets and decided to use them to see Captain America (which was AWESOME). The Regal theatre we went to was in this really great little outdoor mall on top of a hill. It was cool to see another Regal and see everyone doing what I did 40 hours a week for the last 4 years of my life. It also made me really miss all my friends from the theatre, and of course it made me miss a certain girl even more!



I suppose I've used enough of the free internet at Starbucks and I better head out. Time to run some errands before meeting Troy, Lisa, and the rest of the family for dinner. Hope everyone is doing great back east!

No comments:

Post a Comment