Friday, August 5, 2011

Redondo Life

Wow, it's been a while since my last post. The reason? I've been getting online at Starbucks for about an hour every day and the internet is so slow it takes me forever to do anything! So, I'm definitely looking forward to getting internet sometime in the next few weeks so I can update this thing more. What have I been up to in the last week? This and that.. I'll summarize...


Like I said, I've spent about an hour at Starbucks every day. But it's two blocks away and the internet is free.. So why not!?


I've also been taking Biff EVERYWHERE. It's really nice to live in such a dog friendly area. So the little man gets to go on walks all the time, and finally has a backyard to run around. Needless to say, he's pretty happy.


I'm really lucky to have family over here. Especially since they're from the same area as I am. They definitely know how to make this place feel like home, and Lisa was nice enough to give me some Hartley's chips. Everyone from the Mifflin/Juniata areas knows how amazing these are!


Unlike Beverly Hills, the Redondo/Hermosa/Manhattan Beach area has a lot of great stuff to do for free. Volleyball, swimming, bike trails (I need to get a bike soon!), and concerts. Every Thursday and Sunday nights there are great free concerts at the beach. Such a great way to relax.



We're also really learning the value of patience when it comes to finding furniture in this town. We've found a lot of great stuff by bargaining with thrift store owners and people on Craigslist. And we even found a tv and tv stand just laying along the road. It's really great!



We're also really having a great time just relaxing at the beach. We go to the water almost every day, just to read, walk, swim, or be lazy!

I really love it here. I hope all my friends and family from back home get the chance to come out and enjoy it too at some point, even if it's just for a few days.

I know everyone wants to know about what we'll be doing for work, and I'll definitely have an update on that after this weekend. Troy has been kind enough to help us find some short term work until we have a new tv series to work on(which shouldn't be too long). And we've been working to find something too, it looks like we have a few opportunities and we should get more details very soon. So stay tuned!

Until next time I'll leave you with a video of me playing at an Open Mic night on Monday (Hal wouldn't let me film him, but he was great!).

No comments:

Post a Comment