Sunday, September 25, 2011

What an update

Before I get to the big news, first I have to share some cool pictures from the LA Kings training camp last week.




So cool.

Well this week definitely brought about a lot of change. To begin, out of boredom, I decided to audition for a talent agency. I went in, read a few lines, and ended up getting represented by the company the next day! They sent me to get some head shots, then brought me back to the office to give me some work. So yesterday I worked as an extra for one of those terrible spoof movies that comes out every year. Probably the easiest money I've ever made, and I made a lot of new friends. It was definitely a cool experience, and I'm looking forward to doing it again.






The same day that I got the work as an extra, I got the best phone call I've had in a long time. Thanks to my friend Mike, I will finally be working as a Production Assistant as of tomorrow! I'll be putting in long hours for a company called RelativityREAL. They're the new Reality TV division of Relativity Media, which is one of the biggest production companies in the world. They've done a ton of movies, including Cowboys & Aliens, The Social Network, Couples Retreat, Zombieland, and Bridesmaids. Needless to say, I'm beyond excited. And after talking to the casting agency, it looks like I'll be able to keep doing some extras work on the weekends here and there.

So yes, things are coming together and it feels amazing! I can't thank everybody enough for helping me out along the way. Without my family there's no way I would've made it out here and had the chance to live out my dream. Everyone has been so supportive, and it means the world to me. Also, a big thanks to Troy, Lisa, and Mike for making me feel so welcome in a strange place, and bending over backwards to help me.

It's going to be exciting over the next few weeks, and I'll be sure to blog about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment