Saturday, September 3, 2011

And fall begins

It's cooling off here in SoCal and, unless the sun is out, it's usually in the 60's or 70's. It's starting to remind me of fall back home. The only difference is there will be no changing of the seasons in the months to come. Instead of leaves changing and eventual snow fall, I'll be enjoying... Well, this kind of weather until it starts to get hot again... And yes, I've made peace with this. No winter is fine by me!

For some reason my last post cut me off short before I could finish making fun of Taio Cruz. Oh well. Going back to last weekend, I enjoyed some body surfing with Brittany on a nice sunny day. The waves are so much bigger on the west coast, I love it! It makes me want to learn how to surf.


Then Sunday was the VMAs! It was an awesome day to say the least. I showed up way early, checked in, and then had to wait, and wait, and wait some more. I remember waiting forever in NYC too, but it was in an air conditioned building. This was outside, in the sun, downtown where it's not nice and cool like the South Bay. It was brutal, but so worth it. I waited for a few hours, then they guaranteed us that we would be caught by the metal detectors if we brought our cell phones, and not allowed in. So sadly, I couldn't get any pictures from the inside.


My only picture is of my admission wrist band, how lame?

Once I was inside, I positioned myself right in between the two stages, and about ten feet IN FRONT of all the celebrities that occupied the first few rows. It was definitely a strange feeling to see all the biggest stars in the world staring directly in your general direction for a few hours straight. But oh, so cool. Before long the show was underway, and although it was pretty bizarre, it was a lot of fun.



I spotted myself a few times in videos on you tube. That's me on the left clapping my hands above my head.

As far as interaction with celebrities go.. I had a very long, awkward stare down with Lady Gaga (made even more strange by the fact that she was dressed in drag), and I shook Kanye West's hand.. Then high fived him again a few minutes later.. I know.. Kanye West of all people.

After the show I had a ton of messages from people saying they saw me a lot. Troy and Lisa recorded it for me, so I'll eventually get to check it out within a few days. Even though I don't like a lot of the music, and just flat out don't understand some of it, it was still a lot of fun!


Other than that, it's been a pretty average week. I've spent a lot of time at the library instead of Starbucks (You can rent movies for free, so why not!?). I've been told that in the near future Hal and I will probably the only ones living in our building. So there'll be three open apartments right next to us (Hint hint to all my friends).


And Biff made a new friend! It's a really nice picture, if you ignore all the urine on the wall behind them.

And that's my life for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment