Saturday, August 20, 2011

Finally a new update!

I figured I'd start off with a few pictures.. Not long after my last update, Hal and I fell into some more free tickets. This time we got to see Incubus at Jimmy Kimmel Live! It was a fun concert and we got to stand right next to Jimmy as he introduced the band. I think we're becoming regulars on his show at this point.




A few days later I stumbled into an incredibly cheap bike from Craigslist. It makes getting around a lot easier. Especially now that I don't have to pay 25 cents for 12 minutes at the parking meters anymore.


Fast forward to this week. Hal and I had put in for Conan tickets when we first got here last month, and we got a confirmation this week saying we had tickets for Wednesday's show.
So we showed up to the Warner Bros. studio lot Wednesday afternoon and got our tickets. This turned out to be really cool because we had to walk from the garage through the studio lot to get to the show. So we pretty much got a free studio tour through all the sound stages. They told us that we weren't allowed to take pictures, but I figured doing the exact opposite couldn't hurt:




It may not look like much, but it's definitely cool to know that so many of my favorite movies were shot in these buildings.. And finally, we arrived!



It was a really fun show. I'll be going back as soon as possible.

Sometime within the last few weeks we also finally went and explored the Redondo Beach pier. It was cool because it felt exactly like the Ocean City, MD boardwalk. We strolled in around sunset so I took some pictures:





What a happy wrecking ball.

I suppose this all brings us up to right now. Hal and I still aren't working yet, not because we don't have work coming sometime soon, but because there just aren't many new shows that are starting up right now. Most of them start up after Labor Day. So we're using this time to do some writing, and it's keeping us pleasantly busy.

In other news, I some how lucked out into another free ticket for next week. I have a pit ticket to the MTV VMAs! So I'll be right up IN the stage. It's going to be so much fun. I got to go to the 09' show as a seat filler and it was such a great time. I also got a ticket to an after party, so that'll be interesting.

So on Sunday, August 28th, keep an eye out for me!

I swear I'm going to try to update this more!


No comments:

Post a Comment