Friday, November 11, 2011

Keeping busy

It's been another good week in LA.

Saturday Mike and I went to see the Penguins play the Kings at Staples Center. We took the train over and grabbed some dinner at an italian place called Bottega Louie. It was hands down the best meal I've ever had. I wish I would've taken some pictures, but I was too busy stuffing my face with some of the most unique and delicious foods I've ever eaten. Portobello fries and Asparagus with Fried Eggs are definitely two of my new favorites.

After the meal we walked over to the game.

The Kings warming up

Faceoff!

Respecting The Great One

Our seats were right behind the goaltender on the side the Penguins shot at twice. It was perfect, and the Pens won in a shootout. I couldn't have asked for a better game and I'm glad I got to go with someone who is as big of a Pittsburgh sports nut as I am. Neither one of us had a voice by the end of the game.

Thanks so much to Mike and Angie for the ticket!! And for hosting and feeding us on yet another football Sunday.

Marinated steak burger with chopped parmesan and ceaser dressing. My food truck addiction continues. About ten down so far, 60 left until I've had them all.

This week Hal got some work as a Keygrip on a shoot in Texas. He'll be gone for a while starting November 21st, so I'll be going it alone for a few weeks!

This weekend our friend Angie got us tickets to the American Music Awards on November 20th. It's very similar to the VMA's, with about fifteen of the biggest names in music performing. It's going to be really fun, I can definitely get used to going to all these award shows!

And last but not least, I got some extra work for Dick Clark's New Years Eve taping in early December. I'll be working on crowd control in some way. Another chance to see some of the biggest musical acts take the stage!

So everything has been going great (with the exception of someone hitting my car this week). It's been a week in my love/hate relationship with this city.

That's it for now. I'm going to finish the week out at work, then look forward to a weekend of hockey, bufallo chicken dip, birthday parties, and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment