Monday, November 21, 2011

And the award goes to...

This was an amazing weekend. After a fun Saturday with Mike, Sunday was the AMA's. Unlike the VMA's, I was allowed to take my phone inside, sit down, and I didn't have to show up like 4 hours early. It was just a much more relaxed atmosphere. So after sitting in a lot of traffic and showing up just in time, Hal, Cindy, Aaron and I settled into our seats in the third row. They told us that if we were caught taking pictures that we would be immediately kicked out. But I still was able to sneak a few.




At the other shows I've been to, there has been a lot of seperation between the celebrities and the rest of the audience. But last night, we were right next to them all. And everyone that had to get up and go to the stage for any reason had to walk right behind my chair. So at some point in the night we were close enough to all of them that if we leaned back in our chairs we would've hit them as they walked by.

Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, and Justin Bieber

My sneaky picture of Jenny McCarthy sitting behind me.

Nicki Minaj

I wish I could've taken pics of them all as they walked by or of the performances. But it was hard to take any pictures with the staff everywhere. But by the time LMFAO came on (they closed the show) I figured I'd just start taking pictures like crazy.




Another VERY COOL thing to note. One Republic asked fans to send in pictures of themselves and their friends enjoying life and having fun. They'd then pick some to display on the big screens during their performance. I didn't have to look hard to see hers because it flashed up on the big screen during the song! And another one she sent appeared in a montage at the end. So cool!

At one point during the show I started getting a ton of messages from people that saw me. They zoomed right in on me clapping for Katy Perry at one point. So I can now say I had my fifteen minutes of fame.. Well, more like three seconds.


It was definitely a lot of fun, and I hope I can do it again. Thanks again to Angie for the tickets!

Outside after the show


The aftermath of a great night.

This morning Hal left to shoot a pilot for about two weeks. So it's just me and Biff for a while!

That's it for now. It's Monday and I'll be leaving work early to watch SIDNEY CROSBY play his first game in almost a year tonight!!! And then I only have two more days of work before my long weekend for Thanksgiving. I wish I could be back in PA for the week, but I'm still looking forward to a nice Thursday with the Searers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment